Marriage is a socially recognized and legally accepted union between two individuals. It is an important legal or religious activity in many cultures and societies around the world. It is a cornerstone of family life. Marriage is an interesting ride of life. Where you’ll enjoy different experiences. However, there are scary facts about marriage too, which can give you mental trauma or damages which will remain throughout your life.
Marriage can take many forms, depending on cultural and religious traditions, and can involve legal obligations and responsibilities. In many Societies including ours, marriage is a way to create alliances between families, guarantee the survival of family lines, and promote social and economic stability.
While marriage can be a fulfilling and rewarding experience for many people. It can also be challenging and complex which is one of the scary facts about marriage. Maintaining a happy marriage requires commitment, communication, and mutual respect between partners. Couples may face a variety of challenges throughout their marriage giving birth to scary facts about marriage that are conflicts over money, household responsibilities and family obligations.
Facts about marriages for which you should prepare beforehand:
1- Marriage does not guarantee unconditional love:
You don’t love your spouse all the time. You occasionally won’t be able to feel our love. Sometimes, marriage keeps you together rather than love.
2- Marriage won’t make all of your problems go away:
When a couple marries, they frequently anticipate that their spouse will take care of all of their problems. Their complete happiness, their unwavering support, their enjoyment of all their endeavours, and their everlasting love. You will undoubtedly fail if you enter into marriage with this false belief.
3- There is no set recipe for a happy marriage:
There is no accepted standard of what is good, normal, acceptable, and unacceptable in a marriage. No one has the authority to instruct you on how to handle it. Managing your marriage is solely your responsibility. So don’t look for any formula.
4- Often, it takes more than two people to make a marriage work:
There is always someone else’s direct or indirect intervention in making a marriage successful. Whether it be a small amount of healthy jealousy or that special support from friends and family during the tough times of a relationship.
5- Making compromises is essential:
Marriage is a never-ending cycle of compromises. You soon realize what matters, when to speak up and when to keep quiet. And as you go on, you realize that you were once two people who merged into one. You retain your uniqueness, but you become part of something else.
6- Happily married people typically produce more at work:
Happily married employees typically make greater financial contributions to their employers.
7- People experience greater life satisfaction in a happy marriage:
According to psychologists, marriage increases life satisfaction more than money, affection or even having kids.
8- Marriage is more than just a series of pleasant days:
If you believe that marriage will ensure a lifetime of happiness, you are wrong. Like any other relationship, marriage has its share of happy and unhappy times. Along with fights and resentment, there will be laughter and love. While people would upload photos of their happy times, you wouldn’t think anyone would post a picture of their fights for all to see. Therefore, be ready for both.
Interesting And Scary Facts about Marriage:
Despite these bitter facts, marriage is a popular and most desired wish of a bachelor. Many couples find marriage amusing and interesting. But there are some scary facts about marriage too. Later, we’ll explain. Let’s start with some fascinating and interesting facts about marriage, since the majority of us are single and willing to marry.
Interesting Facts About Marriage:
- Marriage has been around for thousands of years and is a universal institution across cultures.
- The concept of marriage for love is a relatively modern idea for most of history, marriage was an economic and political institution arranged by families.
- The average age of marriage has changed throughout history. In the Middle Ages, people married in their teams while in the 18th and 19th centuries, it was more common to marry in your mid-twenties.
- The wedding industry is a huge business in the United States alone; the wedding industry is worth over 72 billion dollars.
- In some cultures, polygamy is common. Which means allowing a person to have multiple spouses.
- Marriage has many health benefits such as; a longer life span, lower rates of depression and improved cardiovascular health.
- In some cultures it is common for the bride and groom to exchange wedding rings as a symbol of their commitment to each other
- Marriage is not just about romantic love it can also be an agreement that involves raising a family, building a home and Sporting Each Other through life challenges.
Scary Facts About Marriage:
- Divorce is one of the scary facts about marriage as 4 out of 10 marriages end in divorce; the US studies revealed.
- Financial stress is a major cause of marital problems, with arguments over money being the top reasons for divorce and mental stress.
- Teenage marriage is common in many cultures. Scary Facts about marriage at a younger age are difficult pregnancy and intensive health issues.
- Marriage ladies are more exposed to domestic violence and abuse which can leave untreated marks on the body and soul.
- Unsolved conflicts in a marriage can pollute kids’ minds which will be harmful to society as our youth is going to lead the world.
- Marriage leads to childbirth and childbirth leads to severe arguments which can lead to a more drastic stage as some men or women do not agree on keeping the child.
Good and Bad are a part of everything around us, as well as interesting and scary facts about marriages. Marriage is not a scary ritual. It is just the circumstances that make the situation worse. Most of the scary facts about marriage initiate arguments due to a lack of communication or understanding and end in divorce. Which is the most unloved deed in some religions and a condemnable act.
See the bright side too. Marriage can give you a partner to talk, eat, love and sleep with, which is the need of every human.
You can make your marriage life interesting and fault free by reading and following the tips and tricks given in our blogs.
We talk about family, marriage, relatives, friends and wedding planning. All you need is to click on the subscribe button to get notified about our exclusive blogs. Don’t miss the chance to visit our site for interesting blogs and currently free registration.
Get Rishta: www.simplerishta.com